Companies often spend countless hours and large sums of money seeking the right software platform for their needs. And once they find a workable software solution, there’s the issue of integration which can be a very complex and costly process.
Ultimately, many businesses end up with a conglomeration of stand-alone software programs in an attempt to meet their company’s unique and varied operational needs. But these programs often lack full compatibility and complete integration capabilities, leaving humans to span the gaps.
Exploring the Advantages of Custom Software Development Services
Custom software can benefit a diverse range of companies and organizations. Here’s a look at a few key benefits of custom software programs:
- Multiple software programs can be replaced with a single easy-to-use interface.
- User-friendliness is vastly improved since you have software that’s built around your users and their processes.
- Your custom software will be customized with all of the features you need, without extraneous tools and unnecessary capabilities that weigh down programs and adversely impact user experience.
- A custom software program or app can be built to interface with existing databases, CRMS, apps, and programs.
- Bespoke software programs can be expanded or modified down the road, so as your business grows and evolves, your technology can be adapted to suit.
- Your developer can ensure that the custom software is equipped with security features that meet your company’s needs and fulfill industry-specific security guidelines.
The advantages of custom software are many and diverse. Companies frequently find that their overall efficiency and profit margin improves dramatically once the new software program is put into use.
Who Can Benefit From Custom Software Development?
Custom software can benefit virtually any business since out-of-the-box software solutions rarely meet a company’s precise needs and requirements. Most often, multiple software platforms are required to get the job done, resulting in costly operational inefficiencies and a poor user experience. Here’s a look at a few cases where a custom software program can be beneficial in terms of ROI/cost perspective and from a perspective of user-friendliness and ease of use.
• You have a unique process or industry: One-size-fits-most software solutions virtually always have small gaps, but those gaps may seem more like gaping chasms for companies that have a one-of-a-kind workflow or a unique process. This is where custom software development can close the gaps with a platform that’s designed to meet the company’s precise requirements.
• You’re encountering software compatibility and integration problems: Software integration can prove to be extremely challenging, especially if you’re attempting to connect multiple ready-made systems. Getting these software programs to play well together can be extremely challenging and in some cases, companies are forced to choose a less-than-ideal platform because the better software isn’t compatible with their existing technology. But when you hire a custom software developer, you’ll have the ability to create a platform that’s fully compatible with your essential technology. The end result is greater efficiency and higher ROI.
• You’re using multiple software platforms: Many companies are forced to use several apps and programs in an attempt to the job done. Maintaining full compatibility amongst these platforms can be a tremendous challenge — and that says nothing of the capability “gaps” and inefficient workarounds that are virtually always required. A talented team of software developers can create a piece of software that combines the features from two, three, or more apps and software platforms.
• Your company must comply with strict privacy regulations or requires high security levels: Companies that must adhere to strict government privacy regulations or third-party security requirements can rest easy knowing that their custom software will include features that meet or exceed the benchmark. Many businesses are extremely limited in what software solutions are available to them due to these stringent rules and regulations. A custom-built software program allows you to avoid privacy/security breaches and maintain full compliance with industry standards and government regulations.
The many advantages of custom software development simply make sense for lots of companies, both from a practical stance and from a cost perspective. But you need a talented, results-oriented team that will take a business-first approach to the development process.
At 7T, Inc., custom software development is our business. From iOS mobile app or a one-of-a-kind software platform that works on a range of devices and operating system environments, our goal is to create purpose-built technology that’ll give clients a competitive edge. 7T is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with additional offices in Houston and Austin. Our specialties also include custom mobile app development, predictive analytics, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and mobile security, amongst others. We invite you to reach out to our team today to chat about your next custom software development project.
Reach out to our team today!