Worldwide, the messaging app market is expected to see a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9%, driven by factors such as the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent rise in popularity of remote work.
What’s more, it’s predicted that we will see the messaging app market sector grow from $313,600 million in 2021 to $409,900 million in 2028.
According to the Digital Journal’s overview of the Middleware Messaging System Market Research Report, a number of factors were considered when making the prediction, such as consumer behaviors, pricing patterns, growth trends and analysis of key manufacturers and their brands.
The report also analyzed the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the middleware messaging marketplace, examining how messaging app developers responded to the global outbreak.
What’s Driving the Growth of the Messaging Mobile App Market?
A number of factors have been cited for the growth of messaging app popularity, including the following:
- Increased popularity of cloud-based technology – The cloud is making messaging apps far faster and more versatile, as users are empowered to save files to the cloud. It’s also more affordable for enterprise messaging apps to store their data in the cloud.
- Increased demand for real-time communications – With so many companies going remote or opting for hybrid work environments whereby employees split their time between home and the office, the need for real-time communication is greater than ever before. A messaging mobile app facilitates those real-time communications in an efficient, intuitive way.
- Increased ICT spending – The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted many companies to increase their spending on information and communication technologies (ICT.) This aligns with the trend we’ve seen of organizations using technology to bridge the gaps that have formed as a result of social distancing.
The Rise of Enterprise Messaging Mobile Apps
An increasing number of companies have been turning to enterprise messaging apps in recent months. The pandemic has certainly been a driving factor, with the shift toward remote work environments prompting organizations to find ways to improve communication capabilities.
There are a number of advantages to enterprise messaging apps, particularly those such as SayHey Messenger.
• It Aligns With Natural Communication Trends – We tend to communicate in small bursts, not long missives as you might see in an email. DMs align with our natural way of communicating which means they’re more effective at conveying our thoughts and ideas.
• It’s Embedded Within Your Enterprise Software – Enterprise messaging apps such as SayHey Messenger can be integrated with your existing ERP software platform as a plug-in module. This means it’s right there at your fingertips when you need it; there’s no need to switch back and forth between windows to send a message. And if you’re away from the laptop, the stand-alone mobile app version is just a finger tap away.
• You Control Your Data – The SayHey Messenger enterprise messaging app provides companies with full control over their data. You own your data and maintain control at all times, which is important because those messages can contain sensitive information. This cannot be said for most enterprise messaging platforms, though, so proceed with caution! This particular advantage is important from a compliance standpoint in many industries, such as the banking and financial sectors, where messages must be preserved and auditable. Messaging mobile apps designed for consumers simply don’t offer these capabilities (or if they do, it’s an extremely arduous, involved process to gain access in order to perform an audit.)
• The Company Maintains Admin Powers – A well-designed enterprise messaging app like SayHey Messenger will feature an admin portal that provides capabilities such as the ability to address bad actors and other issues that may arise within the app interface. Consumer-grade messaging apps simply don’t feature these capabilities, which can create a big problem for companies from an HR and inclusion standpoint.
Separating a company’s communications from other personal communications is also a key advantage to using an enterprise messaging mobile app. We’ve all done it; we accidentally message the wrong person. That poses a big risk if your message contains sensitive work-related information. Using a separate app for business messaging reduces the risk of accidental messaging incidents amongst users.
A Custom Enterprise Messaging Solution and Alternative to Slack Chat
The team at 7T has developed an innovative enterprise messaging platform called SayHey Messenger. SayHey Messenger is designed for enterprise messaging, with a desktop version that can be integrated into an existing CRM, enterprise resource planning software system or other business software platform. It is also available as a stand-alone mobile app, providing the communications versatility that companies need to succeed in today’s competitive business world. It’s a great alternative to Slack chat, amongst others.
At 7T, our development team works with company leaders who are seeking to solve problems and drive ROI through digital transformation. As an innovative Dallas software and mobile app development company, 7T offers collaborative, multi-phased software development services to clients in all business sectors.
Our offices are situated in Dallas, Houston, Chicago, and Austin, but our clientele spans the globe. If you’re ready to learn more about an enterprise messaging mobile app or a SayHey Messenger integration for your enterprise platform, contact 7T today.